Things that would definatly improve the server. READ THIS RAWR(or whatever you changed your name to nowadays, I can't keep up)

Go down

Things that would definatly improve the server. READ THIS RAWR(or whatever you changed your name to nowadays, I can't keep up)

Post by Brave Little Toaster on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:47 am

Ok so a bunch of people were coming to me, and i was even thinking the same thing, the server kind of sucks since the last time it was updated. I have taken the liberty of brainstorming a bunch of ideas that would most likely improve the server, and if not, don't add it. Here goes the list, if you think that anything else should be added, just go ahead and say so.

1. A complete restart of the server- I saw players come up to me and say 'hey come over here' and they showed me thousands of guns. It was obvious that they got the money from the player that hacked the server and gave himself and many others trillions. This would reset the money, and just give a fresh new start.

2. Do something about the hackers- I think this one is pretty self explanatory.

3. Allow players to sprint- It would be better if the cops could sprint a bit faster than others, so that they could catch up to people trying to run away from the police. It's pretty annoying because they run for a while and never catch up unless the runner lags.

4. Re add the Jihad Bomb- This was a fun tool to use sometimes if a player wasn't following the rules, and it was one of the only ways respected players could kill some dedicated minges with, without having time to buy their own gun.

5. Add Stacker Tool- This should be re added because it wasn't really abused that much, worst thing is that someone spammed a bunch of things that are relatively harmless. This wasn't seriously abuse prone, and it is very very helpful for people trying to build with accuracy.

6. Limit the bombs- Players are allowed to spawn wire bombs, it should be limited to respected only, or completely removed.

7. Change RCON password- Some guy hacked the RCON, he could ban and kick people but he only kicked, so he wasn't a completely cruel hacker.

8. Allow admins to spawn some of the weapons from the "Weapons" menu- I was looking at the weapons, and wanted a taser for a prop surfer, but I wasn't an owner Sad. This could be given only to super admins and such, so that we could taster dmers and such.

9. Adv Dupe should be added again- This could be abused, yes, but many players just wanted to build and have their contraptions ready. I was constantly monitoring what was in there, spawning random stuff sometimes, and if it was something unmentionable then I deleted it. It would be best to have it at least for respected and up.

10. Fix the slider bug, somehow- This is a big problem, players can delete other players' stuff. Fix it if possible.

11. Spartan Leg- Another tool for respected and up to kill minges

12. A longer range weapon for respected to kill minges- Sometimes you just can't get close enough

13. Fix Arrest Baton- The arrest baton doesn't want to arrest anyone, and is really ghey cause cops are useless now, just their guns can do soemthing.

14. Remove RP names- These just make it confusing to recognize people, and a semi serious RP server shouldn't have rp names, because most people put something stupid.

15.

If you have anything else you think would help, just say so.


Last edited by Brave Little Toaster on Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:48 pm; edited 3 times in total

Brave Little Toaster
Moderator
Moderator

Number of posts : 50
Age : 25
Location : USA
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that would definatly improve the server. READ THIS RAWR(or whatever you changed your name to nowadays, I can't keep up)

Post by Chris on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:33 pm

I Agree With You , we need some changes .

_________________
You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way. - Will Rogers -
avatar
Chris
Moderator
Moderator

Number of posts : 27
Age : 28
Location : Switzerland
Registration date : 2008-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that would definatly improve the server. READ THIS RAWR(or whatever you changed your name to nowadays, I can't keep up)

Post by McZero on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:51 pm

1. Yes! PLEASE! So many people with 999999 for some reason (cdude's past probably)

2. I'm not sure there's anything he can do.

3. Sounds good

4. Nah, it's stupid

5. It's there isn't it?

6. Yes, definately, same with turrets and lasers and most of the lethal wire stuff.

7. ?

8. Yes, but DEFINATELY don't make the taser a cops sidearm, I got so pissed off with that on another server.

9. I think make it admin/respected only

10/11/12. Nothing much to say

13. Yeah

14. Agreed, unless you can find/make a mod like Taco and Banana for the character names.

_________________
avatar
McZero
Moderator
Moderator

Number of posts : 96
Age : 25
Location : England
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://foreignallegiance.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that would definatly improve the server. READ THIS RAWR(or whatever you changed your name to nowadays, I can't keep up)

Post by Deathbecomes on Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:37 pm

Brave Little Toaster wrote:
1. A complete restart of the server- I saw players come up to me and say 'hey come over here' and they showed me thousands of guns. It was obvious that they got the money from the player that hacked the server and gave himself and many others trillions. This would reset the money, and just give a fresh new start.

2. Do something about the hackers- I think this one is pretty self explanatory.

3. Allow players to sprint- It would be better if the cops could sprint a bit faster than others, so that they could catch up to people trying to run away from the police. It's pretty annoying because they run for a while and never catch up unless the runner lags.

4. Re add the Jihad Bomb- This was a fun tool to use sometimes if a player wasn't following the rules, and it was one of the only ways respected players could kill some dedicated minges with, without having time to buy their own gun.

5. Add Stacker Tool- This should be re added because it wasn't really abused that much, worst thing is that someone spammed a bunch of things that are relatively harmless. This wasn't seriously abuse prone, and it is very very helpful for people trying to build with accuracy.

6. Limit the bombs- Players are allowed to spawn wire bombs, it should be limited to respected only, or completely removed.

7. Change RCON password- Some guy hacked the RCON, he could ban and kick people but he only kicked, so he wasn't a completely cruel hacker.

8. Allow admins to spawn some of the weapons from the "Weapons" menu- I was looking at the weapons, and wanted a taser for a prop surfer, but I wasn't an owner Sad. This could be given only to super admins and such, so that we could taster dmers and such.

9. Adv Dupe should be added again- This could be abused, yes, but many players just wanted to build and have their contraptions ready. I was constantly monitoring what was in there, spawning random stuff sometimes, and if it was something unmentionable then I deleted it. It would be best to have it at least for respected and up.

10. Fix the slider bug, somehow- This is a big problem, players can delete other players' stuff. Fix it if possible.

11. Spartan Leg- Another tool for respected and up to kill minges

12. A longer range weapon for respected to kill minges- Sometimes you just can't get close enough

13. Fix Arrest Baton- The arrest baton doesn't want to arrest anyone, and is really ghey cause cops are useless now, just their guns can do soemthing.

14. Remove RP names- These just make it confusing to recognize people, and a semi serious RP server shouldn't have rp names, because most people put something stupid.

15.

If you have anything else you think would help, just say so.

1. I agree strongly, but that takes a bit of time.

2. Ban them, end of that discussion.

3. Don't see that happening, impossible from what I know of.

4. Definitely bad, too many risks.

5. Exploits set prop limits for certain props. e.g. : Limit 1 pillar, someone uses stacker, they can bypass the limit.

6. Will do that next time I get on.

7. I'll make sure that is done.

8. Bad idea, don't see it happening. RP for once maybe, just buy the guns.

9. Abused constantly, don't see it happening any time soon.

10. Going to restrict slider tool.

11. Admins can deal with minges easy enough.

12. Same answer as 11.

13. It works, it is buggy. Don't swing it too much till you are actually really close/in range of the person. May be a bit till this might be fixed, it may not though.

14. In the new DarkRP update, I don't care for it, but I don't mind it.



I don't think RawR reads this much, but I'll make sure he will see this.

_________________
avatar
Deathbecomes
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 116
Location : Ohio, USA
Registration date : 2008-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that would definatly improve the server. READ THIS RAWR(or whatever you changed your name to nowadays, I can't keep up)

Post by Burnt Toast! on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:09 pm

1. Yeah!
2. Prolly just ban on sight?
3. Not being able to sprint is really annoying.
4. It was really fun but got annoying after a while...
5. I build with PHX Wire Boxes and Metal Plates.
6. Yeah-Make it respected only.
7. Well duh...
8. Some weapons you can't buy...I want a knife...
9. Limit it to respected or something. It is really annoying building a sweet base then not being able to save it and then having connection probs. or some minge crashing the server.
10. Yeah, please fix it if possible...the slider is a really good tool.
11/12. The Banhammer!
13. Would be nice if that worked...even though I am always messing with the cops...
14. Really confusing...people thought I was in there base because waffles changed his name to mine...

Burnt Toast!
New Member
New Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that would definatly improve the server. READ THIS RAWR(or whatever you changed your name to nowadays, I can't keep up)

Post by Deathbecomes on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:34 pm

@ Brave:

2. Of course, any hacker = ban.

8. I believe only police get knives, not sure why.. Going to discuss things later.

10. No real way to fix the slider, it will be removed to admin only.

14. If they do that, tell them to change it, if they don't.. Shit on them.

_________________
avatar
Deathbecomes
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 116
Location : Ohio, USA
Registration date : 2008-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that would definatly improve the server. READ THIS RAWR(or whatever you changed your name to nowadays, I can't keep up)

Post by Smithens on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:02 am

Deathbecomes wrote:
1. I agree strongly, but that takes a bit of time.

9. Abused constantly, don't see it happening any time soon.

10. Going to restrict slider tool.

11. Admins can deal with minges easy enough.

1. How long, exactly? Shouldn't be too bad.

9. Yeah, the adv. duplicator was abused a TON, but I'm gonna miss all the buildings I made for the server.

10. This should have been done long ago. Most players who abuse it think they're doing the right thing... Like this one time the server was super laggy, and this guy decided to "save the server" by deleting everyone's buildings. It crashed anyways. Yes, it is a useful tool, but most people don't use it and it won't be that missed.

11. It seems like most of the time admins aren't on when there are minges about. Toaster's been on the server a lot more lately, though.

The Jihad bomb was easily abused, whether on accident or not, and is dangerous to have on the server. But... can we have some toys to play with? At least some harmless ones?

Oh, and gangsters should spawn with knives, amirite?


Last edited by Smithens on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 1)
avatar
Smithens
Active Poster
Active Poster

Number of posts : 61
Age : 26
Location : Washington, US
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that would definatly improve the server. READ THIS RAWR(or whatever you changed your name to nowadays, I can't keep up)

Post by Dark Assassin on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:08 pm

The most, I miss the ADV DUPE tool. Come on! Look at the server now. All the crappy buildings... everyone trying to reserve a world building... (like the dark room, or the house with two narrow windows) Even, if ADV DUPE is abused all the time, it made the server more fun! If someone abuses duplicator in any way, I can report it, because I didn't so. And stacker... I don't know, limit it to respected maybe, and limit all big props to 5, or 1 (depending on, how much they're used to build stuff).

And my idea: Add Phoenix Storms 3, or make it SVN on the server.
"The Jihad bomb was easily abused, whether on accident or not, and is dangerous to have on the server. But... can we have some toys to play with? At least some harmless ones?

Oh, and gangsters should spawn with knives, amirite?"
I agree with both Razz By "harmless" I would mean stuff like Paintball gun (I have it on SP, I think it doesnt do any damage - just little paint dots).
avatar
Dark Assassin
Active Poster
Active Poster

Number of posts : 60
Location : Glasgow
Registration date : 2008-10-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that would definatly improve the server. READ THIS RAWR(or whatever you changed your name to nowadays, I can't keep up)

Post by Chris on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:21 pm

By Deathbecomes :
5. Exploits set prop limits for certain props. e.g. : Limit 1 pillar, someone uses stacker, they can bypass the limit.



Solution for that could be restricting it to respected or admins.
Stacker is a very helpfull tool.
avatar
Chris
Moderator
Moderator

Number of posts : 27
Age : 28
Location : Switzerland
Registration date : 2008-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that would definatly improve the server. READ THIS RAWR(or whatever you changed your name to nowadays, I can't keep up)

Post by Brave Little Toaster on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:31 pm

It's not only the slider, it's every single rope based constraint.

Brave Little Toaster
Moderator
Moderator

Number of posts : 50
Age : 25
Location : USA
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that would definatly improve the server. READ THIS RAWR(or whatever you changed your name to nowadays, I can't keep up)

Post by Deathbecomes on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:28 pm

What I said will be done. Something for you all to know.. Every single addon we put on the server it gets more and more unstable. Even little things, add one, it is just that much more unstable and so on. I'll look into some of the rope constraints later to see what will be dealt with and whatnot.

_________________
avatar
Deathbecomes
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 116
Location : Ohio, USA
Registration date : 2008-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that would definatly improve the server. READ THIS RAWR(or whatever you changed your name to nowadays, I can't keep up)

Post by Burnt Toast! on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:56 pm

Deathbecomes wrote:
14. If they do that, tell them to change it, if they don't.. Shit on them.
I tried to bitch slap him but he is the same rank as me...

Burnt Toast!
New Member
New Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that would definatly improve the server. READ THIS RAWR(or whatever you changed your name to nowadays, I can't keep up)

Post by Smithens on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:05 pm

Burnt Toast! wrote:
Deathbecomes wrote:
14. If they do that, tell them to change it, if they don't.. Shit on them.
I tried to bitch slap him but he is the same rank as me...

You talkin' about me? tongue
avatar
Smithens
Active Poster
Active Poster

Number of posts : 61
Age : 26
Location : Washington, US
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that would definatly improve the server. READ THIS RAWR(or whatever you changed your name to nowadays, I can't keep up)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum