RawR Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Play: Dark RP

2 posters

Go down

How to Play: Dark RP Empty How to Play: Dark RP

Post by Brave Little Toaster Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:49 am

So you need help playing Dark RP? Well you've come to the right place (unless if this is in the wrong forum, but I'm pretty sure). Alrighty then, there are a few things you NEED to know before you start playing.
1. Always obey the server rules, you will be punished, terms vary, for the following rules if broken:
1) Prop DMing: Perma
2) Prop Trapping: Perma
3) Spamming: Perma
4) Duplicating Weapons: Long term Ban/Perma I can see in the console if you spawned a weapon or not, and I will check, so don't think you can get away with it.
5) Racism= I don't really do much about this because it's everywhere, but maybe 1 hour ban.
6) Being disrespectful towards admins/other players(if taken out of hand)= a kick at most, or a short ban if repeated
7) Here is a big one, prop surfing. I will usually warn you about it before a kick, and then if I warn you it is a kick. If it is continued, then I make it a short term ban.

Well then, let's get started on the jobs that you can have.
-Mayor: The best paying job in the gamemode, and leader of police. You have to be voted for to get this position, and you earn a nice amount of money. Usually a mayor would have a small house in case he calls a lock down on the people if there is a killer on the loose or something of the sort. You can decide if certain guns, or drug labs are legal or not.

-Chief of Police: Slightly improved version of the CP, you can set the Jail Position and have dual elite pistols. See below for more info.

-CP(Civil Protection): You are the law enforcer of the people. You carry a stunstick, arrest baton, unarrest baton, and a glock. You also must be voted for to become a CP. If you are good at this job, you will arrest anyone who kills, and ignore their cries of 'omg u abuse' because they want to get out the only way they know how, whining. You earn a nice steady pay and should be on the lookout for criminals and such. If you want to search someone's house, then you should get a search warrant first or else it could be abuse. If you do abuse this job, you will get demoted.

-Mob Boss: Leader of all the gangsters. You should have a nice headquarters to give out jobs and hide drugs/weapons and the sort. You can set the agenda of gangsters to tell them what to do or what to watch out for.

-Gangster: Pretty basic class, it is like the citizen but with higher pay and is meant for crime. You follow the mob boss, and the mob boss only.

-Gundealer: A nice aid to people who need more firepower to stop/start crime. You need a bit of money to start out this job, because you need to purchase expensive shipments to earn the money. Throw on a nice 20-50$ per a gun for profit. (Formula for profit is Shipment Cost / 10 = x + y= sale price. X is the price you get when you divide the shipment cost by ten, and y is 20-50 to earn a profit from selling. You have a variety of weapons to sell, but some are wanted more than others, so don't just buy a random shipment and expect it to sell. You might lose more than you earn sometimes.

-Medic: A slightly important class, but you should do your job because if you are on the field, then others can't type "/buyhealth" to heal themselves. You have a medkit to heal the wounded, and can charge if you want, but no more than 30$ to be fair.

-Cook: Can be a useless, or very helpful job depending on if hungermod is on or off. You can buy a microwave to sell food so that people don't die of hunger.

-Citizen: The starter class, you come with the most basic of items, and don't have a role in society.
Maybe you're running a bit low on cash? You can purchase a druglab if you want for a nice steady income of 15$ a minute. I usually increase the limit from 1 drug lab to 3 because 1 seems a bit too small. You would want to hide this, because it can be illegal, depending on the mayor's/admin's decision.

But Toaster! What am I supposed to do?
Well, there are many things to do. You can work for the police, or team up with a gun dealer for and split the profit. You can build a house, or a vehicle to hold your items, including guns, drugs, and other items.

There's so many minges, what do I do about it?
Get their steam info and post it in this format in THIS forum.
Format(thanks to Deathbecomes):
Put the following in your topic:
1. Player's In Game Name
2. Player's Steam ID (ex: STEAM_0:0:12345678)
3. Time and Date
4. Attach the evidence to the topic. (Screenshots and/or Demo/recording of the player breaking rules) [NEED EVIDENCE]
5. Explain why this user should be banned or disciplined. (Don't just say you don't like them.)

How do I get respected/admin status on the server?
Read this (Also thanks to Deathbecomes):
Respected you have to earn by being active on the server, and nice/respectful. That is decided by either RawR or me. Admin is only given out to trusted players we know well and think are worthy of being an admin.
This isn't related to your questions, but a hint to everyone.. Never ask for admin or respected. We will come to you if we plan to do either.

More to come.

Last edited by Brave Little Toaster on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Brave Little Toaster

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

How to Play: Dark RP Empty Re: How to Play: Dark RP

Post by Brave Little Toaster Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:58 am

Got any questions? Just ask and it will be answered.

Brave Little Toaster

Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Smithens Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:13 pm

You should put something in here about prop surfing, a lot of people are unsure about that.
Smithens
Smithens
Active Poster
Active Poster

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brave Little Toaster Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:47 pm

There, it's in there now.

Brave Little Toaster